24/03/2009

Nostalgia, regrets and remorse.

I've made a lot of mistakes in my life.

I keep making mistakes (when will I learn?) and I have plenty of regrets, but I'm in two minds, I've I'd have done it all differently, would I feel any happier? Would I have accomplished more? Would I be any different?

Well, here's a little list of the big decisions, it's a little of my insides for you to look at.

Birmingham - I love and hate this city. It's horrible, but I've some of the greatest people I could ever hope to meet here. I want to leave, but I don't want to leave those friends, and I definately don't want to leave the bands! It's a horrible city where everyone is horrible, there's no grass, and no comunity. Worst of all, there's fuck all music scene. But I love my house... and I love anarchy... I just don't know what to do!

University - Why did I ever go to Aston? Because it was what I was supposed to do, if only I'd listened to my brother, and just told my parents that I wasn't sure about uni. Perhaps I'd have done a gap year and how my life would've been different...

Music - You know what, I really don't know if I could've done much more here! I joined every band that wanted me, I play with anyone that asks me, and I fucking go for it. I'm scared it's now too late, the 18-21 gap is gone. I just hope thats not the end of my chances.

Girls - I want to experience (yes, I mean sleep with) all of the pretty girls that I went to school with, all of the pretty girls I've met over the years. It just seems like a wasted oppurtunity... So much fun could've been had.

Everyone - every cool person I met and never got to know. Where are you all now?

In the end, I've missed out on a lot, but I've also done my fair share. My mission in life is to make an impact, to be rememebered for something more than just being alive. To have truely existed, and not be forgotten. Or at least to experience everything I can.

There's millions of things I haven't done, people I haven't met, places I haven't been, and I want to do as much as I can before I blink out of here.

So, changing subject somewhat. If you can offer me an experience (I will consider almost anything) Whether it's going to see a new town, playing a new game, even just going to a new pub, I am up for it.

Please, just invite me along, and be friendly!

Hell, I'll do the Fight Club thing if I can!

No comments: