05/11/2009

broken(lol)cyde

I don't really know where to start with these new bands. Part of me feels like I'm just missing out on a big joke, but the rest of me thinks that these really are the morons they appear to be.

And do you who I blame? - The girls that support this shit.

This music is made by kids with no talent, but the desire to be 'scene' now if you know my views on scene you'll how retarded that is. So my advice, let this wave of shit die down - it can't last long.

I've also come to realise that there's two types of scene kids. There's the ones who are in it to be cool - they'll go to the clubs, and you might see them at a few of the big shows, always sporting the most appropriate tees, and the most elaborate hair. These are the ones that are still listening to MyChem everyday rather than branching out into greater musical reaches. There's even a few that have downloaded every song they could find from every band they've ever seen on a t-shirt - but are stuck listening to metrostation and 3OH!3 because they can sing along.

Then there's the ones who are really into the music. The dress is a little more subtle, and there's clearly less effort involved, but these are the ones that are listening to music all day, the ones that go to the little shows, and the ones that will drive hours to go see a bunch of little bands playing a shed in some dive town. The community with these people is incredible - and I love being a part of it.

No comments: