18/01/2010

I'm glad I'm not american

But I wish I lived there... the spoilt bastards.

http://snarkiest.tumblr.com/

Anyway, go read this blog for a giggle, it's written by some miserable girl who like to bitch about the 'scene' and how bitchy it is. It's this kind of thing that makes the scene so dreadful, but if you can get yourself a nice tumblr fanbase then you know you're doing things right eg: pop songs for 'alternative' girls.

Funny how it's all just the same again now, even metalcore is going pop, just got to wait for next BMTH album to feature Travis McCoy and Gabe Saporta :\

Lets hope bands like Architects don't follow the trend and stick to keeping it heavy.

Don't get me wrong, I like my pop-punk and mainstream rock, but when the 'scene' is listening to Metro Station you've got to worry who you're identifying with.

Like all alternative movements, they've got bigger, and more rediculous until they've collasped in on themselves leaving only a few of the hardcore left as a thwoback to times forgotten - just like that old barber with his greased back hair and leather jacket is a throw back to the teddy boys of the 50s, in 50 years will we still have proud emo boys, sporting their fringes, plugs and tattoos? Or will they all be hiding their idiotic youth beneath the latest BHS clothing?

I just want to know what's coming next, and when it'll be here. This latest trend is set to burst anyday now.

No comments: