02/07/2010

I tore my ear!

If you know me in person, then you'll know I have two stretchers in each ear. Recently I've been working towards 25/26mm up from 18 where I was for some time.

It's been an awkward stretch, I wish I'd only gone for 22mm now, but having bought some nice tunnels at 25mm I was detirmined to get there. After stretching my right ear to 24mm I had no plug to wear overnight, so I used a bottle cap. It was closer to 23mm but it fit in ok. I put the o-rings from the 22mm taper on and no problems or so I thought.

The front o-ring pushed against my second stretcher (8mm) pushing the flare of the silicone tunnel just inside the hole. From here, the tunnel imbedded, and cut into the fistula. This hurt, a lot. So I changed my big plug back down to 22mm silicone, thinking that the this should allow it all to heal.

After about 3 days the peircing was still swollen and sore, I couldn't see any other option to take them both out and allow the wound to heal, hopefully the holes wouldn't shrink too much.

That was yesterday, today I woke up and while the big hole doesn't look much smaller, the 8mm now looks to be closed to 2mm!

This is pretty annoying as stretching ears takes a lot of time and effort, the idea of doing it again is frustrating, not too mention painfull.

I didn't do anything wrong when I stretched, the ear was ready, but it unfortunate that I hadn't noticed the tunnel had been pushed into my ear.

If you're going to stretch, make sure you check them often so something like this doesn't happen to you!

No comments: