20/10/2008

What If Punk Never Happened

So, first up, Props to rob @ Ihaveclones.com for linking this first

I have just been to see The King Blues and I know the PUNK WILL NEVER DIE

So long as we have have inpirational bands like themselves amazing support act the Skint, and even the highly impressive brum lads Tempting Rosie then I will be happy sleeping knowing that somewhere out there are people that are those that make the nessesary changes.

I suppose I am the kind of person they hate, I'm love punk, I 'am' Punk, but I do fuck all, I'm far too lazy! So thank fuck for all the bands that Itch namechecks, and of course for current UK Punk bands.

And I mean PUNK bands, roots back in the old school, but putting a spin on things that makes it their own. If you have no idea what I'm on about, chances are you never will.

So, in my rambling way I move on to those bands which I think every person that thinks of themselves needs to know about.

Old...
Crass
Minor Threat
Operation Ivy
Agnostic Front
Sick of it All
Madball
Ramones

Oldish...
No Comply
Lightyear
Refused
Rancid
NOFX
F-Minus
Fucked Up

NOW...
The King Blues
Sonic Boom Six
The Skint
Failsafe
The Mercury League (or whatever they're calling themselves these days...)

don't tell me what bands I've missed, I'm sure there's loads, and most importantly, listen to the last lot. If you don't I don't like you.

Oh yeah, and read Last Hours mag. it's good.

bye bye, and sorry for not being able to structure my rants.

maybe that's part of the charm?

No comments: