24/10/2008

this blog is not the blog it was supposed to be

but fuck you.

I don't care.

So, I was thinking while sat in the Hello Digital thing I went to this morning (between lectures - I am that hardcore) that blogs aren't really blogs, but columns. Just like the ones in the paper, and increasingly so, they are replacing columns. In many ways they are much better, you can find the column that is perfect for you, not just the shitty one clarkson is writing this week. Each blog has a beautifully unique style and content, so there's one out there for everyone and everything. 

One problem - they're free. No one profits from them (except the host site) people use them as shops and adverts of course, but there's no reward for the actual content. 

So where does that leave us? In my eyes, with a completely open and non-exclusive community spanning the whole world. 

Sweet.

No comments: