18/01/2009

IDEA!

My idea is the ultimate in collaboration (and stolen quite a lot from the sounds of animals fighting)

Each musician is given the Key/keys and tempo of the piece. Each musician then plays for however long they like, improvising riffs solos or whatever they want for as long as they want. This is then sent to ME! and I listen to it all, cut up all the good bits into usable samples, of varying length and whatever. Then using the samples I have, build them all up into a song. The instruments are not limited, and neither is the musician in any way, anything from the clunk of the mic to the greatest guitar solo of all time will be considered.

and the musicians? Well, it's very tempting to use my friends, and for the time being I probably will, because they're the only people that will read this post!

So, if you're interested my first piece will be based around 120bpm and [EDIT] BMajor but don't feel limited by it, I may or may not use anything and everything you send me.

Of course all profits(lol) will be distributed between the contributers, but this music will be given away free so there won't be any, I'll be releasing the work under an Attribution Non-Commercial Sharealike Creative Commons licence: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.0/uk/ (thanks Dubber)

Oh, and there's no reason not to send me drum loops, samples, quotes or ANYTHING!

and VOCALS! I imagine vocals will be the least submitted bit, so do what you want down a mic for me ;) you can even record at mine if you want

Drums as well, probablt hard for you to record, but I have a kit here and drum mics so hit me up. Or just record it however you can, even your phones voice recorder will do, and will give the whole thing a very dirty feel as well ;)


Lets do something new and different, save the cheerleader, save the world ;)

PS: link your friends here, I wan't to get this worldwide!

PPS: myspace page now made, website on the way... I hope!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the song is in B C# D E F G A - how does that work?

Julie_oh said...

what scale is that?!!!!