26/04/2011

Bioshock

Well, I'm playing Bioshock, it's pretty cool. The combat is varied and challenging, and the tasks haven't got so repetitive that I'm bored yet, even if all I'm really doing is going one way then the next to click 'A' on different things.

The plot has kept me interested, which is probably the only reason I'm still playing it, but I have now got to the point where I just want it to end. It's alright, but I'm definitely getting to the end of my patience with it. There's only so many dark and gloomy levels I can trudge through without wanting to just throw it down and go outside (which is actually a much better way to use my time!). Well, I like it, I'm kinda glad I've played it, but I won't be buying the second one anytime soon.

I'm a bit lost as to why it was billed as such a revolutionary game. To me it just feels like a fairly standard FPS, better than most in that it doesn't have anything glaringly wrong with it. But is that all it takes to make a great game? No blinding errors? Wow, time to get into game design!

No comments: