20/04/2011

Vegetarian

Well, if you didn't know, I went vegetarian for lent this year. I think I did pretty well, I last 23 days or something. I believe I could've lasted longer, but a snowboarding holiday to France seemed impossible without some meat. I have to admit that I didn't try that hard, but I did look a couple of times for the 'V' symbol on the french food, and it's no-where to be seen!

I was a bit of a cheat veggie anyway, I made the same food as before, but I used quorn mince or chicken as a substitute. I was surprised that it made no noticeable difference to my health, I didn't feel weak thanks to the lack of protein, or healthier thanks to the higher vegetable intake. I felt pretty much the same the whole time.

I must confess to one slip-up (one that I know of anyway, there may have been more) when I ate some rocky-road, which contains marshmallow. Marshmallow having gelatin in of course.

I would've like to have finished the 40 days, but maybe I'll try again next year.

No comments: