27/06/2008

Don't Start A Band!

I started a book last week, it's called 'Kill Your Friends' and is written by John Niven. It's very good, and if you're interested in music industry you should go and read it.

That's an excellent passage that I'd like to copy out for you, I'm not sure if it's legal, but I'm going to do it anyway, hopefully the author won't be a totall dick if he sees this, becasue it is essentially an advert for his book!

It's a chunk about what is most likely to heppen to you if you get signed.

and I just started and have decided to give up as the chunk is far too long. I don't know how much experience the author has in in the industry but if the book is based on any fact at all then every musician in the world is fucked. The industry is filled with uncaring coked up evil assholes who hate you, your band and everything you like.

I can't wait to get a job!

No comments: