02/02/2010

1 down...

Ok, day one complete, I only touched myself to pee, and I limited it to two shakes - more than 2 and you're playing with yourself.

In other news,

Hardcore - Old School hardcore seems to be making a resurgence, which is good and is certainly a way to go away from the hideousness of the Teen Hearts Fiasco. I like my hardcore, but the more I hear, the more I feel I've heard it all before. There's a lot of the chunky chords and shouting, and every now and again theres a bit that reminds me of Million Dead. So I tend to get part way through, and switch to Harmony No Harmony. It's nice to see something like Hardcore coming back, but it's a victim of it's own simplicity - there's only so much of this kind of thing that can be made. I'd like to see some more progression really, and while bands like Ghost Of A Thousand are putting on kick-ass live shows, it doesn't really work...

I'd like to hear a combination of them and Blakfish, more traditional heaviness than Blakfish, but more technical quirky bits than GOAT...

Well, I've just made a new band - maybe we'll do it ;)

No comments: