03/02/2010

Ties

An interesting thought:

Imagine you, and all the people you know are tied together with elastic, in the middle of a field - on one side of that feild is happiness, the other depression. This feild is littered with obstacles and challenges. There's many different routes, some that you can walk, others that are realy hard.

Now, think of the people you know and how they would help/hinder you. There will be some that will help to motivate you to get over the wall, others that will show you a different way around, some that will just watch, others that will tell you you're doing it wrong, some that'll just drag you back. The further away they are the stronger the elastic pulls.

Some people will switch, sometimes helping you, sometimes hindering. But work out who those that never change are - those that continue to help are your true friends, make sure you're pulling them forward as much as they do for you. And those that are always behind you, cut them out of your life. No one should have to deal the constant negativity that those people bring.

In my case I know I would have Sam helping me, inspiring me to enjoy myself and make the most of who I am, Scott will be showing the sceneic route, with great adventures. Forx will help me see the creative way I can progress, Jenn will sometimes pull me back, but when I hold steady she'll help pull me forward again. There's people I dare not mention, that continue to make me smile - they know who they are though. Then I will have others, all niggling around behind me, not holding me back much, but never helping me forward. I intend to cut these people out.

No comments: