03/02/2010

Let me set a few things straight here...

Ok, had an argument with someone last night, I got rather angry and upset with them. Most of all I was dissapointed in myself for believing in them.

Anyway, I wanted to clear up a few of the points that wound me up.

1) Straight Edge does not have to include sex. There is no reference to sex in the original song, and for me being sXe is about not using a mindstate altering substance to change my personality. While many also become abstinant, this is not a necessity, just like vegitarianism/veganism. The choices are similar, and a lot of people will abide by all three, but there is no rule that says you must.

For me, Striaght Edge is No Drugs, No Alcohol, No Smoking FOR LIFE. If you tell me that I'm not Edge I will tell you to die. I've had enough.

2) People that sleep around are not necessarily bad people, in fact they often do less hurt than those in relationships. I know that while I did the girlfriend thing I hurt people, I broke up with people, I made mistakes. This all hurt people I cared for. Since I've stopped dating I've still hurt people, but I think I've hurt less people, in less serious ways than I would've if I had kept dating. I respect the people I sleep with, I make sure they understand what I'm about before I sleep with them, I don't lie, I don't con people into sex.

I'm not saying you should all do it, but if two people can enjoy themselves having casual sex, with no damage being done, then who is to say this is a bad thing?

Call me a slag, a ho, a whore, a tramp or whatever, but tell me that I'm a bad person because of it and I'll tell you to die. I've had enough.

3) I've actually changed one of my main beliefs because of the conversation last night. I used to believe that all people are completely equal, each is as good as any other, just in different ways. This has changed - I now believe that every person has the power to be as good as anyone else, but they must use what they've got. Simply sitting about bitching, not working or contributing is a total waste of human life, a waste of oxygen. I work hard on making myself a better person, I exercise, I compliment, I enjoy making people feel good about themselves and while I do slip, I try my best to make amends (even if these people don't deserve it).

Everyone can be better, but only some people try.

You get out what you put into this life

No comments: